Just a few examples include:
Our equipment centre offers an extensive range of products, all designed to help people with sight loss maintain their independence. It is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm Our qualified staff are there to help and can advise you on the most suitable items for your requirements. Robert McCann, our Equipment Centre Co-ordinator, is himself visually impaired and can advise on much of the equipment from his own experiences.
- Talking Clocks and Watches
- Talking Microwaves, Scales and other kitchen equipment
- Ebook readers inlcuding Amazon Kindle read more...
- Task Lighting
- Accessible mobile phones with either large screens or speech enabled
- Signature Guides
- Large Print Calendars
- UV Shields/Sunglasses
- Walking Sticks and Canes
- Talking labelling devices, including Penfriend
... and a host of other items.
For people with a visual imnpairment and resident in Sheffield who are unable to visit our Centre, please contact us and we will arrange for one of our staff to visit you at home.