What is it?
Sheffield Royal Society for the Blind is asking Sheffield to stay in! Our dream is that there will be hundreds of people across the city taking part in this event and helping us to raise funds and awareness for our charity.
When is it?
Usually around the first week in July each year. But if this date isn’t appropriate, then please choose another to suit you.
What do I do?
Host a 'Sheffield Stays In' event with a group of your family, friends or colleagues and ask for a donation from them to attend. You could hold your event at home, in your local pub or at work. It could be at night or during the day.
Some ideas are:
- Cheese and Wine Party.
- ‘Come Dine with Me’ type of evening in for your friends.
- Pie & Peas Night.
- Quiz or Games Night.
- Fancy Dress Party.
- ‘Murder Mystery’ Evening.
- Coffee Morning.
Why should I do it?
SRSB provides opportunity, support, friendship and services to the blind and partially sighted people of Sheffield, helping them to achieve whatever they wish to do and whatever they aspire to be.
We are a totally independent local charity and we rely on public support from fundraising donations from individuals, groups and companies in order to finance the day to day costs of providing and developing services.
Your support will help us to maintain the vital services we offer over 3,600 clients who access or services.
What support will SRSB give me?
We will provide you with the following to support your event:
- Invitation to send to your family, friends or colleagues.
- SRSB balloons for use at your event.
- Collection box to collect donations.
- You will receive a thank you letter and certificate after the event to acknowledge how much you raised.
We hold a COMPETITION with fantastic PRIZES for the following 4 categories:
1. Top Individual Fundraiser (judged on the total amount raised).
2. Top Group Fundraiser eg. Corporate team (judged on total amount raised).
3. Best Photograph (of your own Sheffield Stays In event, judged by an SRSB member of staff, a volunteer and a client).
4. Most Innovative Event (judged by an SRSB member of staff, a volunteer and a client).
Contact us for your fundraising pack on 0114 272 2757 or email firstname.lastname@example.org